Sunday 28 July 2013

Telling Friends about my Asperger Syndrome

Whoah don't think I can be fully bothered writing too much today as I've had a busy weekend so far involving York Races with a group of 16 friends. Exhausting but totally enjoyable with no major moments and no meltdown on my part afterward (which is very unusual these days - I think having shared my life with my hubby has helped much more that I realised it would).

I've also told two of my closest friends about my Asperger syndrome. Phew, that was a big deal. Will post more about the things they said another day but, surprisingly, one friend in particular was amazing and from all the things I told her she immediately responded and suggested setting up a group for adults in Preston (!)  and the surrounding areas as she could see that I was alone and wanted to share this with others. Its one of the things that I feel I could benefit from and I told her so. She's a lovely, creative, intelligent person (we are in tune, offer each other great support and we know that we are there for each other normally) so for her to just suggest in an almost casual manner that I start the group amazed me! She made it sound so easy and.......PENNY DROPPIN MOMENT.....it is easy!! And, what's more, I will do it!

I feel a bit empowered at the moment and never really realised that there are people out there who are prepared to help and support me. I've spent so many years keeping it all inside and avoiding people and discussions and I feel now that I'm actually connecting a bit with some people. OMG it feels such a relief.

I feel as though I am COMING OUT lol xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment